Our speech-language pathologist provides evaluations as part of the treatment intervention. Treatment emphasis is placed on developing individualized and measurable goals entwined through a collaborative process between you and the clinician. In line with our overall mission, our speech pathologist uses a parent/caregiver partnership approach. Caregivers are actively coached and present at each session. She utilizes a naturalistic developmental behavioral intervention (NDBI) treatment paradigm. Specifically, the intervention utilizes components of Pivotal Response Treatment (PRT) and Early Start Denver Model (ESDM).
Speech language services are designed to target:
- Expressive Language difficulties using language, both verbally or non-verbally
- Receptive Language comprehension of spoken language, following directions
- Social Interactions and/or Play engage with others, understand the nuances of shared interactions, making and keeping friendships
- Articulation and Phonology challenges with producing speech sounds, saying words clearly
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (low technology); outside referrals for high technology devices evaluations